We figure that you didn’t want to pay for your accountant to come on your vacation! So, at Concho Hills Guest Ranch we provide all-inclusive rates that includes lodging,* meals, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. Want more value? We will include all of your horseback riding and most all ranch activities. In addition, our all-inclusive rates include your safety orientation and introduction to western riding, as well as your guides, pre-ride instruction, required horse familiarization,** and helmet usage***. Historic tours away from the ranch are also included.
Our all-inclusive rates are:
- $300.00 per person sharing/night plus taxes and fees.
- There is no minimum stay period.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking.****
For safety reasons, we do not allow children under the age of twelve. Parents or guardians must accompany any rider under the age of 18.
See our Specials page for any discounted rates that apply to certain defined persons or groups for a specific period of time. Specials are limited to a space available basis.
Optional activities or costs:
There are a few optional activities or purchases for which one could occur an additional charge. Some examples:
- Shooting: Some people shoot a lot, therefore we charge what we pay for ammunition. The use of our firearms is included. Never shot before? If one does not have a firearms safety certificate, we can provide the required safety instruction. And the instruction is included in the all-inclusive rate.
- Touring: Sometimes our guests choose to visit some of the local historical areas, such as Chloride, Magdalena, or Kelly. Hence, any entry fees, museum donations, and individual purchases will be at the guest’s additional expense. Yet, touring transportation and meal costs are included in the nightly rate!
- Individual Purchases: retail items purchased by our guests on tours at shops and stores, or from our limited gift shop.
- Transportation to and From the Ranch: If you are flying into Albuquerque, Socorro, or Magdalena we can help you arrange for transportation. Depending upon your length of stay, it may be less expensive to rent a car.
- Riding Lessons: Some guests choose to improve their riding skills by taking lessons in addition to our orientation. Therefore, with advance notice, we can arrange private or group riding lessons by our American Cutting Horse Association certified instructor, Ed Krauss.
- We do have a rider weight limit of 240 lbs.
- Tips: Some of our guests choose to tip their wrangler and or house keeper.
- Air Ambulance Insurance: Because of our remote location, please check your medical insurance to ensure it covers air ambulance costs. If not, please see our Air Ambulance Insurance page for possible options.
- Concho Hills Ranch does not have a liquor license and we will not be offering alcohol for sale. However if you want to bring your favorite libation we can keep it cool or provide the ice for you. No one under the age of 21 is allowed to consume alcohol at Concho Hills.
* All lodging is in our guest rooms. We do not have facilities for parking or servicing trailers, RVs, horse trailers, or any vehicle other than personal automobiles and pick-up trucks. BLM and the U.S. Forest service have strict rules regarding off-road use of vehicles.
** All horseback riding is on our horses. Our insurance does not allow for guests to bring or use their own horses. All riders need to know how our horses are trained (loose reign and work off the legs) before riding outside the arena.
*** Concho Hills can provide helmets. Any rider choosing not to wear a helmet must sign an additional liability waiver.
**** Booking confirmation requires a 50 percent deposit. In case of cancellation, your deposit will remain good for a period of up to two years for rebooking at Concho Hills. If we rebook guests for the period of your cancelled stay, we will be happy to refund your deposit, less any processing fees.